The purpose of the Municipal Court is to hear and determine cases of violations of Town Ordinances including Minimum Housing and Zoning. The Municipal Court also has jurisdiction over traffic violations brought by the South Kingstown Police Department as well as parking tickets.
Cases are scheduled by the Court. Municipal Court is held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. located on the 2nd floor in the Town Council Chambers at the South Kingstown Town Hall. Please note: check in begins at 5:00 p.m. You may contact the Court for scheduled court dates.
Municipal Court Officiates
- Adam J. Sholes, Judge
- Susan M. Flynn, Municipal Court Clerk
- Emily Houle, Municipal Court Office Clerk
Paying Fines & Court Costs
Payments for fines and Court costs are due and payable at the time of judgement by cash, check, money order, Visa, American Express or MasterCard (a convenience fee will be assessed). Payments can also be made online at https://www.curiasystems.com/payment/payment .
- Proper attire is required - no hats, shorts, tank tops, etc.;
- No food and/or beverages are allowed in the courtroom;
- Cell phones or other electronic devices should be set to silent mode or turned off.