The Town Manager's Office provides for general administrative management, policy direction, and oversight of municipal operations. The Office of the Town Manager is committed to being responsive, ethical, and transparent while providing quality, innovative, and effective service to the Town Council, all Town departments, federal and state agencies, the business community, and residents alike. The Office fosters and promotes effective working relationships with all Town employees, boards, committees, and commissions, and is committed to presenting annually a fiscally responsible operating budget and capital improvement plan.
The principal functions of the Town Manager’s Office include, but are not limited to:
- Advise the Town Council on municipal policy and programs affecting the community
- Administer and manage all municipal government operations, including directing and coordinating policy implementation, activities, and work programs for all Town Departments
- Communicate with citizens and public
- Conduct short and long-range financial planning
- Develop Policies and programs including preparation, administration, and fiscal management of the annual operating budget and the 6-year capital improvement program
- Interact with federal and state agencies and other local governments and agencies
- Manage employee and labor relations including contract negotiation, implementation, and grievance process
- Monitor proposed state legislation and represent the local government interests
- Perform special studies and issue analyses and evaluations as needed to promote informed decision making
- Provide direct staff support to the Town Council and various municipal Boards and Commissions
- Provide general management oversight of major Town construction projects
- Review and oversee the submission and administration of federal, state, and foundation grants
The Town has designated Public Warming Centers to be open during periods of extreme cold. Read on...
On January 7, 2022, Governor McKee signed Executive Order 22-01 allowing for remote participation in public meetings. Read on...
The Town Council has two Public work sessions scheduled for Wednesday, January 5th and Thursday, January 6th at 6:30pm to review the Town Manager's Proposed FY2022-2023 Capital Improvement Program. Read on...