- Town Manager
- Budget Information and Related Documents
- 2021-2022 Fiscal Year
2021-2022 Fiscal Year
Municipal Budget Program
NOTE: all live public access cable television broadcasting (Cox channel/Verizon channel 28) is suspended until further notice due to the current pandemic. THE TOWN WILL HOLD VIRTUAL MEETINGS VIA "ZOOM" VIDEO AND TELECONFERENCE (link is on agenda), and will CONTINUE TO LIVESTREAM ALL BUDGET MEETINGS on ClerkBase.
Schedule of Budget Meetings - This is a tentative schedule and dates are subject to change; agendas and minutes are posted on the Town website (linked on the calendar and ClerkBase) and the Secretary of State’s website.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Final Adopted Budget FY 2021-2022
The Final FY 2021-2022 Town Council Budget, adopted as amended April 26, 2021 is the final budget for FY 2021-2022. Click here to view.
Per the Town Charter, the Town Manager is to publish the Proposed Municipal Budget not later than March 1st of each year. The Town Council will hold the following meetings relative to the Town Manager's Proposed FY 2021-2022 Budget:
- Wednesday, March 3rd - 6:30pm - discussion of proposed departmental budgets,
- Thursday, March 4th - 6:30pm - discussion of Human Service & Outside Agency funding requests
- Monday, March 8th - 6:00pm - discussion of FY 2021-2022 proposed budget and Council's Goals & Objectives for 2020-2022 term
- Wednesday, March 10th - 6:30pm - Joint work session with the School Committee to discuss the School Department's budget
- Monday, March 22nd - 7:30pm Preliminary Budget Adoption (during regular session)
- Wednesday, April 14 and Thursday, April 15 - 7:00pm - Budget Public Hearings with School Committee
- Monday, April 26th - 7:30pm - Adoption of Final Budget (during regular session)
School Department Budget
The School Committee adopted the School Department’s FY 2021-2022 budget on February 9th, 2021. Per the Town Charter, the School Superintendent is to provide the budget to the Town Manager not later than February 14th, 2021. The FY 2021-2022 School Department Budget Document will be discussed at the joint Town Council and School Committee work session on Wednesday, March 10th, 2021 at 6:30pm.
Initial Budget Hearing - Town Council and School Committee
Wednesday, DECEMBER 16, 2020: Initial Budget Hearing to discuss and solicit comments from the public relating to the general goals and objectives of the development of the FY 2021-2022 municipal and school budgets. Budget Presentation slides can be found here.
Capital Improvement Program
Town Manager’s Proposed FY 2021-2022 Capital Improvement Program (CIP)
Tuesday, January 5, 2021: Town Council and School Committee work session to review proposed CIP
Wednesday, January 11, 2021: Town Council work session with municipal department directors to review proposed CIP (this meeting was previously scheduled for 1/6/21, cancelled due to a meeting conflict)
Monday, January 25, 2021: Town Council Public Hearing to hear from the public and adopt the Fiscal Period FY 2021-2022 through FY 2026-2027 Capital Improvement Program.